[MPlayer-users] dsize filter broken?

Robert Szelepcsényi robert at tankred.sk
Fri Aug 31 16:42:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

I need to play movies in a window created by a gtk application.
I launch mplayer with:

mplayer -wid <window_id> -fs <file>

mplayer plays the file without any problem scalling/letterboxing as necessary.

Yes, -fs stands for "fullscreen", but if mplayer is given -wid parameter, it stays within the window and correctly scaled the movie maintaining the aspect ration. Without it the movie just fills in the window.

However, under certain circumstances I need to change the aspect ratio of the movie. So I tried:

It does, what expected, but after few seconds it starts printing out:

Ran out of numbered images, expect crash. Filter before vo is broken.
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]get_buffer() failed (-1 1 (nil))
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]no frame!
Error while decoding frame!
A:   5.0 V:   5.0 A-V:  0.000 ct:  0.042   0/  0  3%  0%  0.1% 0 0
Ran out of numbered images, expect crash. Filter before vo is broken.
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]get_buffer() failed (-1 1 (nil))
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]decode_slice_header error
Ran out of numbered images, expect crash. Filter before vo is broken.
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]get_buffer() failed (-1 1 (nil))
[h264 @ 0xeb8560]decode_slice_header error

Whatever I do, it gives me these errors. The movie seems to be playing correctly, but I get a feelling it is not completely smooth. Rather hard to tell.

R.Sz.