[MPlayer-users] Multiple slave modes not working

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 16 23:29:46 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 05:04:19PM +0100, houghi wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 04:38:28PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > I do `mplmult.sh 3 movie.mkv` and then I only hear things. I do not see
> > > anything.
> >
> > You didn't wait long enough. This is a bit difficult to make work right
> > with lavf without breaking anything else.
> > I committed a workaround to the script.
>
> I did not wait long enough during the running of the script or something
> else?

Yes, essentially the MPlayer instances that are supposed to play the video
get stuck probing for quite a long time (20 seconds or more I think).
If you see the timestamp on the status line incrementing that means
there is still something happening.

> Is there a place where I could see (and then test) the workaround?

It's in SVN, just do a svn up. It just consists of adding
-demuxer y4m to the client instances.