[MPlayer-users] slave mode update subtitles file

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Dec 24 15:09:52 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 01:08:32AM +0100, Jos van Riswick wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm working on a couple of vim mappings for editing a subtitle file. I want
> to use slave mode to jump around in the movie, adapting the subtitles. Now
> if I modify the subtitle file, the changes don't take effect in the playing
> movie. I tried to use sub_load to re load it but that doesnt work. Is there
> some way to refresh the subtitle file?

Doing sub_load will just load it in addition, it will not replace it.
You need to switch to the newly loaded subtitle, too.
To avoid memory leaks, it would be best to also sub_remove the old
one either before or after.
I think, but am not sure, that first doing sub_remove and then sub_load
will behave in the way you want it.