[MPlayer-users] Reverting to specific revision

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Dec 24 15:39:00 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 03:14:24PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le quartidi 4 nivôse, an CCXXI, Andy Furniss a écrit :
> > What I do if I need full git is rm -rf ffmpeg, then edit mplayers
> > configure to remove the --depth 1 from the git clone line which is
> > handily near the top.
> >
> > when you run ./configure you will get a full git.
> >
> > reinstate configure to it's normal state - edit or
> >
> > svn st -q | awk '{print $2;}' | xargs svn revert
> >
> > Mplayer puts an empty file called mp_auto_pull
> > in the ffmpeg dir - when testing with ffmpeg reset to older commits
> > remove this to prevent ./configure from updating ffmpeg.
>
> You can just do a git clone (or detar a previously tarred git clone, or cp
> -a a git clone from somewhere) just before calling configure.

Yes, if you give a ffmpeg directory to MPlayer it will happily use
it as it is, and not touch it.
For more advanced users this is probably the better configuration
to use, you just have to remember to regularly update it manually.
The automated git checkout is just to provide a minimal-effort fallback.