[MPlayer-users] recent libass text rotation corruption

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 30 13:59:52 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:14:14PM -0500, Robert Henney wrote:
> to reproduce the bug I use "-noconfig all -vo xv -ass -ss 730", and
> the text corruption will appear at 740 seconds.  I did notice that
> when using "-vo vdpau" the corruption won't appear, though it does
> appear when using "-vo x11" as well so it doesn't appear specific to
> "-vo xv".

vdpau, gl and direct3d vos by default render (or rather "blend") subtitles
on their own, without using the vf_ass filter for blending (which is
what was broken by the commit you pointed out).
I reposted to -dev-eng list, so hopefully someone knowing that code
better will take care of it, but it might be better to also open a bug
on bugzilla.