[MPlayer-users] Selecting the audio device in OS/X

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 18:42:39 CET 2012

* towb at gmx.net on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 at 14:15:49 +0100
> On 08.02.2012, at 12:16, Zak Mc Kracken wrote:
>
>> unfortunately I cannot find an answer on documentation/mailing list/google:
>
> If you search the man page for Mac it's the second hit
>
>> I'd like to send a stream to Soundflower, specifying that on the command line. Is that possible? Via some -ao driver option?
>
> mplayer -ao coreaudio:device_id=list

According to the man page:

       coreaudio (Mac OS X only)
              native Mac OS X audio output driver
                 device_id=<id>
                      ID of output device to use (0 = default device)
                 help List all available output devices with their IDs.

this should be:
$ mplayer -ao coreaudio:help
but as your proposal it only errs with usage to stderr.

\black\trash movie           _COWBOY  CANOE  COMA_
            Ein deutscher Western/A German Western

--->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.php