[MPlayer-users] Selecting the audio device in OS/X

Zak Mc Kracken zakmck73 at yahoo.it
Wed Feb 8 21:20:03 CET 2012

Thanks for the answers

On 08/02/2012 16:06, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * towb at gmx.net on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 at 14:15:49 +0100
>> On 08.02.2012, at 12:16, Zak Mc Kracken wrote:
>>
>>> unfortunately I cannot find an answer on documentation/mailing list/google:
>>
>> If you search the man page for Mac it's the second hit

Sorry, I've tried coreaudio, but nothing useful about the specific
problem comes out.

>>> I'd like to send a stream to Soundflower, specifying that on the command line. Is that possible? Via some -ao driver option?
>>
>> mplayer -ao coreaudio:device_id=list
>
> Only this errors out:

Yes, I have the same, I've also tried device_id=0, then 1,2,3 and
'Soundflower (2ch)'. It always goes to the speakers and seems to ignore
this option. The version I have looks like UNKNOWN-4.2.1 (installed via
port mplayer-dev).

thanks again.