[MPlayer-users] initial deinterlace filter state

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 17 08:37:33 CET 2012

Robert Henney <robh <at> rut.org> writes:

> mplayer's ability to toggle the current deinterlace filter with keyboard
> control is quite useful, but as 95% of the media I watch does not need
> deinterlacing I would like to have the filter there (I have it load via
> mplayer's config file) but with its initial state defaulting to off.  is
> there currently a way to do this?

Since this is the default for VDPAU, please tell us which filter you
are using. (I assume yadif, but it still makes sense to add this info.)

And yes, this is definitely worth implementing imo, the reason I never
did was that I thought we might remove the field_dominance option of
yadif first (there is a global field_dominance option that should be
used instead).

Reimar, could you comment?

Carl Eugen