[MPlayer-users] raw h.264 video playback not working

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:55:31 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 07:38 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Marlon Smith <marlon.smith10 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm compiling MPlayer for Windows, and I have almost everything I need
> > working.  The only thing left is raw h.264 output.  On Linux, the exact
> > same MPlayer checkout works, but not on Windows.  I take this to mean
> > either there is a bug in MPlayer, or I am missing a library.  Does
> > anyone know what would cause this error?
> >
> > [h264 @ 012fab60]Reference 6 >= 4
>
> Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.
> If the same command works on Linux, the output of the
> working command probably also makes sense.
>
> Carl Eugen

Here's the command with the full output (I hit ctrl-C to quickly to keep
it shorter)

Marlon at Marlon-PC /c/MinGW/home/Marlon/mplayer-svn-checkout-2012-02-16
$ mplayer.exe ./video.264
MPlayer SVN-r34729-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

Playing ./video.264.
libavformat version 54.1.100 (internal)
H264-ES file format detected.
FPS seems to be: 30.000000
Load subtitles in ./
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 54.3.100 (internal)
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Unsupported PixelFormat 53
Unsupported PixelFormat 81
Movie-Aspect is 1.36:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [directx] 544x400 => 544x400 Planar YV12
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Fontconfig failed to select a font. Trying without fontconfig...
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
Fontconfig failed to select a font. Trying without fontconfig...
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
V:   0.0   1/  1 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[h264 @ 012fffe0]concealing 650 DC, 650 AC, 650 MV errors
V:   0.0   2/  2 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0