[MPlayer-users] Convert to raw h.264 and increase frame rate

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:03:27 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

Is mencoder capable of transcoding a video into raw h.264 and also
adding frames if necessary to achieve the desired framerate?

I'm using this line, which works great otherwise:

mencoder input.avi -nosound -of rawvideo -ovc x264 -x264encopts
bframes=0 -o output.264

The video is playing back on a hardware device that always plays at
30fps.  Therefore, I need my raw h.264 file to actually contain 30 fps.
I tried adding -ofps 30 to the mencoder line, but that just seems to
change some header information, not actually add frames.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Marlon

PS - I've had a few questions over the last week or so as my project
deadline is nearing, and I really appreciate everyone that has responded
to help me out.  This is a very helpful list.   Thanks again!