[MPlayer-users] gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.c', needed by `libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.o'. Stop.

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 20:41:33 CET 2012

--- On Sat, 2/18/12, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.c', needed by `libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.o'.  Stop.
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports" <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
> Date: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:36:57AM
> -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > Running FreeBSD 8.2 Amd64:
> >
> > [olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$
> uname -a
> > FreeBSD tricorehome 8.2-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD
> 8.2-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Sep 27 18:45:57 UTC 2011
>    root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> amd64
> >
> > ran svn update in mplayer directory,
> > configure with
> >
> > [olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$
> ./configure --cc=/usr/local/bin/gcc46
>
> Please run "make distclean" first, this is (as far as I
> could figure
> out) caused by a broken .d dependency file.
>
> > I have a question now, How can I run mplayer from home
> directory, just build it and copy mplayer executable to it?
>
> For example. Generally there is no need and little point in
> installing
> MPlayer.
> Unless you want to have the man-page etc. all in one place,
> then
> you can do something like ./configure --prefix=$HOME/mplayer
> or such.

Thank you very much Reimar.
$ make distclean

did the trick and all is well :)

[olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$ ./mplayer --help
Usage:   mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename

Basic options: (complete list in the man page)
 -vo <drv>        select video output driver ('-vo help' for a list)
 -ao <drv>        select audio output driver ('-ao help' for a list)
 vcd://<trackno>  play (S)VCD (Super Video CD) track (raw device, no mount)
 dvd://<titleno>  play DVD title from device instead of plain file
 -alang/-slang    select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country code)
 -ss <position>   seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
 -nosound         do not play sound
 -fs              fullscreen playback (or -vm, -zoom, details in the man page)
 -x <x> -y <y>    set display resolution (for use with -vm or -zoom)
 -sub <file>      specify subtitle file to use (also see -subfps, -subdelay)
 -playlist <file> specify playlist file
 -vid x -aid y    select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
 -fps x -srate y  change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
 -pp <quality>    enable postprocessing filter (details in the man page)
 -framedrop       enable frame dropping (for slow machines)

Basic keys: (complete list in the man page, also check input.conf)
 <-  or  ->       seek backward/forward 10 seconds
 down or up       seek backward/forward  1 minute
 pgdown or pgup   seek backward/forward 10 minutes
 < or >           step backward/forward in playlist
 p or SPACE       pause movie (press any key to continue)
 q or ESC         stop playing and quit program
 + or -           adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
 o                cycle OSD mode:  none / seekbar / seekbar + timer
 * or /           increase or decrease PCM volume
 x or z           adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
 r or t           adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vf expand

 * * * SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR DETAILS, FURTHER (ADVANCED) OPTIONS AND KEYS * * *

MPlayer SVN-r34734-4.6.3 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

Regards,

Antonio