[MPlayer-users] mplayer udp sync -- several instances on one machine

johannes amorosa johannes.amorosa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:04:04 CEST 2012

On 7 July 2012 14:23, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/06/2012 03:47 PM, johannes amorosa wrote:
> > On 6 July 2012 23:27, johannes amorosa <johannes.amorosa at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Thank you Roger but I dont believe it's a bandwith issue. The
> >> syncdata is simple UDP timecode values. Should be of any interest
> >> in a gigabit network. I think I need a reverse-proxy that enables
> >> a second broadcast port. Or some kind of tunneling. The command
> >> is posted in my first posting. Anyone having another idea? Thanks
> >> for help. Johannes
> >>

> > Is someone experienced with the reuse-socket option? It has no
> > effect. What am I missing?
> >

> I don't know if this is an option for you, but you can load several
> videos with gnome-mplayer (different windows) and then use a single
> dbus command to control them all. There is the possibility that they
> could get out of sync, but there are other commands that can be used
> to sync up the media if needed.
>
> Email me if you would like some examples.
>
> Kevin
>

> - --
> Get my public GnuPG key from
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7D0BD5D1

Thanks everyone for the responses. compiling SVN 31139 fails for several
reasons. Virtualising a network card failed, too.
I didn't test the netcat version because I don't think it will work because
--udp-port regulates just the sending mplayer but not the receiving
player - if I'm not wrong. I think the "proper" way would be to patch
mplayer. Unfortunately my time is so limited that I'm just
going to use 5 machines for 5 videos for my diploma. After that is done I
give it another try.
Thanks for everyone helping out, I'll keep you updated.
Johannes