[MPlayer-users] How programmatically determine the correct one of two english soundtracks for an encode

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Jul 8 16:09:25 CEST 2012

Le primidi 21 messidor, an CCXX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> That information is encoded in the menus, which means there are only very
> complex ways to figure it out.
> You might have a look if anything that lsdvd prints works as a hint, but
> it won't be 100%.

As someone indicated, handbrake manages to print some more information. I
dug a little in the source code and implemented roughly the same thing in
mplayer: it comes from libdvdread, a field in the structures we are
currently not using, code_extension.

Graham, please try the patch I sent:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2012-July/070422.html
and see if it can help you.

(lsdvd tries to do exactly the same thing, with the same codes but uses
the lang_extension; on all the DVDs I tried, only one had non-zero codes and
they were in code_extension.)

(By the way, I used to say that handbrake is crappy based on hearsay; now I
had looked at the source code I can say it is worse than that.)

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George