[MPlayer-users] No longer supporting Windows 2000?

Josh joshf87 at live.com
Sun Jul 22 19:54:42 CEST 2012

I decided to test my MPlayer in Windows 2000 (in a virtual machine) and
it no longer runs because of a particular code change in FFmpeg (FFmpeg
by itself does not run either with the same error). The error is: "The
procedure entry point _vscprintf could not be located in the dynamic
link library msvcrt.dll."
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=69bf775e9f858f1cec79c27ae7b98a64a7715cd8

According to MS on their MSDN pages, _vscprintf is supported all the way
back to Windows 95 but really it is only supported in XP and later. I
reverted the change in my local copy and could run it in Windows 2000
again. That partciular code doesn't seem to be used anywhere, at least
there are no other references to "vsnprintf_fixed" in the source code.