[MPlayer-users] udp sync over wifi

Richard Markiewicz richard at ayudasystems.com
Tue Jul 24 15:05:51 CEST 2012

> > You could try to capture the UDP packages at the client and try to find
> > anything suspicious.
> > I came only up with one guess (since you claim the latency is fairly
> > ok): Somehow the UDP packets arrive in a different order than they were
> > sent. I believe the code cannot handle that currently.
> > Currently the only relevant tunable is udp-seek-threshold, but it does
> > not apply when the timestamps jump backwards.

I took a look, but the packets appeared to be arriving quickly and in the
correct order. Thanks for the idea, though! I will keep studying the problem.

> Maybe a bit offtopic. I had a 5 way video setup with udp sync  and used
> powerline networking because I don't  wanted to use Ethernet (extra cable).

This is a very useful suggestion, I hadn't considered that possibility.
I may suggest this as possibly wireless will never be reliable enough
for our requirements... Thanks!