[MPlayer-users] video out of sync(video_out cpu usage is high)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 26 22:45:38 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 07:02:42PM +0530, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> > On 07/26/2012 08:02 AM, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> >
> >> Chip is PowerVR SGX545.Target is atom based board.I  tried with both the
> >> options sdl and x11.

X11 is slow (and since you seem to have to use that and can't use xv sdl
will be just as slow).
x11 is even slower for standard video because it needs to do colour space
conversion on the CPU.
Yet worse, you are on ARM and the colour space conversion is not
optimized for ARM.
Solutions are:
- optimize libswscale using NEON
- ensure XVideo is supported by the driver and use -vo xv
- if the driver has support for YUV textures via OpenGL ES modify
  libvo/vo_gl.c to support that and use -vo gl
- if you have OpenGL ES 2.0 working, convert -vo gl to support that
  and implement the YUV->RGB conversion in a shader