[MPlayer-users] 4096 screen width limit

dag dg dagofthedofg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:12:49 CEST 2012

Hello,

        I'm running fedora 16 using the ATI Catalyst drivers with a Radeon
Eyefinity 6 7870 with 6 outputs, totaling a resolution of 5760 x 2160. In
mplayer I'm trying to get it to do full screen across all 6 monitors but
when I manually specify screen width it gives me:

$ mplayer -screenw 5760 -screenh 2160 -nosound -fs -fstype none
-xineramascreen -2 -vo vaapi clip_1080p_avg.mp4
The screenw option must be <= 4096: 5760
Error parsing option on the command line: -screenw
MPlayer SVN-r32819-4.6.3 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

Is there any way to bypass the 4096 limit? If I manually drag the window
across all 6 monitors it plays fine but I still have the window border
showing up, and I'd like to just use the fullscreen function.