[MPlayer-users] Problem copying MPEG4 AVC video.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 9 13:04:31 CET 2012

Louis Tim Larsen <louis <at> louis.dk> writes:

> I've upgraded to the current development version of Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64.
> I use the current version of mencoder available in Ubuntu 12.04

This is an intentionally broken version of MEncoder that afaict is
not supported here, please either test by compiling yourself or
try ffmpeg -i input.mpg -acodec copy -vcodec copy output.avi
(also current git head, both FFmpeg and MPlayer do not have to
be installed to work, i.e. you can test from the build directory).

Carl Eugen