[MPlayer-users] uspp filter - colorspace

chronosek chronosek at interia.eu
Fri Mar 9 17:06:57 CET 2012

>> I use a chain set of filters :
>> avisynth
>> (ffvideosource(yv12)->rgb24->spiline144resize->
>> msucartoonrestore->huffyuv(rgb24))
>> mencoder(rgb->444P->uspp->ffv1(444P))
>> avisynth(444P->rgb24->msharpen->spilinere144size->lagarith(rgb24))
> While I am certainly no expert for avisynth, I don't think this
> makes any sense, using uspp on the original source and a
> (lossless if you want, but I would recommend low constant quantizer)
> yuv420p codec with ffmpeg should save a lot of disk space.
>
>> It is for restore quality bad sources, i want as less as posible use
>> colorspace losy conver so i just asked about uspp
> There is no lossy conversion if you do
> yv12 ->  uspp ->  yv12 encoder
> (except for the filter itself)
>
>> PS. why huffyuv in mencoder can not use rgb24?
> huffyuv in FFmpeg does support RGB, please don't forget that MEncoder
> is not an actively maintained application (FFmpeg is).
>
> Carl Eugen

First - i need resize, cause uspp is blurry, but with 1,5x resize and
resize back after i get nice edges what can be easly and safly
msharpened, btw resizing in yv12 give bad results, so i want resize in rgb24
In end i use editor video what will use rgb24 so rgb is at end
But my question was about uspp , i tryed 444P cause it have yv12
structure, but don't know if only adding case of other colorspace at
input can help with quality filtering

PS. uspp in ffdshow use yv12 or similar colorspace, so it is the same as
in mencoder