[MPlayer-users] uspp filter - colorspace

chronosek chronosek at interia.eu
Sat Mar 10 18:56:39 CET 2012

> uspp is supposed to remove blocking artefacts, resizing completely
> breaks the block boundaries and uspp can't really work for that.
> More importantly, it can't give good results unless it gets the
> quantizer values from the decoder, i.e. you must also be decoding
> with MPlayer.
> Lastly, if you are not giving it proper Qp values in the input, you
> can reduce its strength by just giving it a different fixed Qp value
> (second argument).
> For all these reasons nobody considered adding RGB support to make any
> sense so far.

I know that i am not using that filter as it should be, but i have 3
years experience with that filter on almost all configurations, and
results for me are best with resize and my onw qp values.
I have many successful restoring quality in videos and always restoring
to size better to original. Uspp are best for artifacts what other
filters not saw them as artifact.
My best attempt was recover old anime movie from 1999 (with bad sources
640x352 divx5) and succesfully restore to hd 720p and quality was stunning.
I have own ways, thats why i asking about colorspaces in uspp