[MPlayer-users] Audio sync problem with mencoder

Zacharias zacharias at uymail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:17:18 CET 2012

So yesterday i decided to encode a new dvd backup.
so i started to dump only the video to an .m2v  file. and then i dumped the
audio i wanted from the the dvd.
i've been searching on the web what could cause the audio lag on the
encoded and muxed file, and i found an old thread on doom9 that stated the
probably the problem relied on the* -hardup *on the script. so i risked it
and remove the parameter from my script.
truth be told: i got no audio problem what so ever. the encoded file had no
issues what so ever. :)

reasons i think this might happen:
1) remove the hardup option on the script
2) dumped the file directly from dvd: some users make theire back-ups by
dumping the .vob to the hdd's. and then dump the audio from that same .vob
file. like i've said: i didn't do this i dump firstly the video to an m2v
file and then dumped the audio.

resumed: it might be the hardup option or the .vob dumping one makes.

any thoughts?
regards,
zach