[MPlayer-users] Is there any plan to include win32/64 dll codecs feature for x86_64?

andrew andrew at andrews-corner.org
Wed Mar 21 09:00:56 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 07:20:51AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> meditationon-discuss <at> yahoo.cn <meditationon-discuss <at> yahoo.cn> writes:

> > thus, i want to ask anybody knows if there is a plan to include
> > win dll codecs features for 64bit arch ?
>
> This is very unlikely, but if you can explain why you need it, it
> could at least be reconsidered.

I for one would be very grateful for the ability to access the windows
codecs on x86_64. Just for thoses unusual codecs that I suspect may
never be duplicated through libavcodec and are easily decoded by the
32bit MPlayer + windows codecs....

My thanks if this is reconsidered :)

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?