[MPlayer-users] Can't link static librtmp w/ mingw-w64 32-bit toolchain

Josh joshf87 at live.com
Wed Mar 21 20:36:15 CET 2012

On 3/21/2012 14:57, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 01:25:41PM -0400, Josh wrote:
>> Even if I force adding "-lpolarssl" in MPlayer's configure script  that
>> doesn't work, but it should know from librtmp.pc already.
> As you can see from the command-line it doesn't.
> pkg-config files rarely contain correct information except for the
> most obvious cases.
> In addition to polarssl it at the very least misses winsock2 (-lws2_32).

If I edit the configure script librtmp detection to: -lrtmp -lpolarssl
-lws2_32 -lwinmm -lz  it works. The librtmp.pc has all this information
that the mingw.org build uses with no issue, either the script is
ignoring it or isn't where it should be.

prefix=/mingw/i686-w64-mingw32
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=/mingw/i686-w64-mingw32/lib
incdir=/mingw/i686-w64-mingw32/include