[MPlayer-users] Video File Format in LG DVR TVs

Risanecek risanecek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:13:44 CET 2012

Hi,

I recently upgraded the HDD in my LG TV (42LT75 with builtin DVR). The
HDD has some weird ext2 partitions on it (32768 blocksize) and the
files that hold the recorded videos seem to resemble no known format.

See http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-forum/672666-lg-32lt75-8.html
from posting 214 on, posting 229 seems to have been the last effort.

Now I do have some of such files here but lack the knowledge to
inspect them in more detail. If anyone would be interested to have a
look, I'll be more than happy to send them samples of the records. I'm
trying to get the firmware sources from LG and could provide some
technical info about the chips used in the TV (STi5100 CPU seems
central).

Per recorded "movie", there is a folder containing one .idx file and
one or more .trp files. The .trp files are split to 376.000 KB length
(except the last one which may be smaller). There is also one .ifo
file of the same name as the folder (except the folder has ~ prepended
to it).

Should anyone be in hacking mood - let me know. ;-)

Richard