[MPlayer-users] Video File Format in LG DVR TVs

Risanecek risanecek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:12:44 CET 2012

> Saying so, recorded SD-movies in MPEG2 format should play right away with
> mplayer. HD with h.264 content will not play, as MPEG2 is hardwired if no
> PMT is found.

----------
$ mplayer 01023adf6c031773019f00.trp
MPlayer SVN-r34709 (Gentoo)-4.5.3 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
MMX supported but disabled
MMX2 supported but disabled

Spiele 01023adf6c031773019f00.trp.
libavformat version 53.32.100 (external)

Beenden... (Dateiende erreicht)
-------------------

Nothing. trying to play ifo, idx files or just the dir - same result.

I doubt the stream is h.264, as the TV is not able to even decode HD
mpeg-4 streams. I also seriously doubt the files are encrypted. The TV
allows recording of analog signals and I see no motivation in
encrypting those records.

> For this I once created a patch which tries to guess if the
> video stream is h.264 or MPEG2. It works in 90% of my files correctly but
> needs some improvements to reach the 100%. If your SD recordings play in
> mplayer, this patch might get HD working. The converter does a way better
> job, however.
>
> If you could provide the ifo + ~100MB of the first trp I might be able to
> adept the converter to LG format.

Here you  are: http://vega.petamem.com/stuff/LG-VID/

There's an .ifx, an .ifo and the first 100MB of the .trp file

Thanks for looking.

Richard