[MPlayer-users] mencoder bails out on 1st pass

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:25:34 CEST 2012

On 25.03.2012 13:37, Ron Johnson wrote:

>> It might be because AVI didn't like *bframes and b_pyramid* (AVI don't
>> like many advanced options) and in second one because MPEG2 don't like
>> AC3 inside?
>>

> But isn't AC3 the standard audio codec of VOBs?

But VOB or TS isn't exactly MPEG2. I mean VOB/TS is in a sense MPEG2,
but MPEG2 isn't VOB/TS.
AFAIK MPEG2 is a part of VOB/TS spec - they're build on a base of MPEG2.
If you encode to VOB or TS then it should be no problem, but with MPEG2
as a container...

Maybe some devs should take a voice in the case?

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/