[MPlayer-users] -adapter option on windows

Morris Beverly mo at avpresentations.com
Fri Mar 30 15:07:06 CEST 2012

Oliver Seitz wrote:

>> Xineramascreen didn't seem to really change anything. Using -2 does make
>> it go to actual fullscreen across both displays, but using -1 doesn't
>> make it fullscreen on the second monitor; it seems to have no effect.
>
> Haven't you tried positive numbers?

Holy crap.  I am the dumbest person alive.  I've been using mplayer for
close to 10 years now and I always thought it was funny than xinerama
would take an argument with a dash, dash 2 or dash one, it never occured
to me that those were negative numbers with special meanings and that
you could also put in positive numbers to represent a given screen.  I
am blushing.

The following line does exactly what I want it to:

mplayer.exe filename -quiet -slave -vo direct3d -xineramascreen 1 -fs

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with "loadfile" in slave mode
(using -idle -fixed-vo), but I'll start a new thread for that (after I
re-read the man pages again....)

thanks,

morris