[MPlayer-users] Blu-ray playback Audio Issues

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue May 8 20:50:19 CEST 2012

Alexander Roalter wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 08:02 PM, Alexander Roalter wrote:

>>> DTS Express is not yet supported by FFmpeg.
>>
>> Ok, that's an information I can understand (even though I don't know why
>> the picture-in-picture audio (it's the only audio channel I'm missing,
>> all others are accounted for) would be in dts format. Is it perhaps so
>> it can be better mixed with the other audios? Because from what I know,
>> these picture-in-picture-audio tracks are supposed to be mixed with the
>> main audio during playback. But since I don't own a Blu-ray player I
>> haven't seen it in action yet.
>
> To answer myself: I did a quick read up, and apparently for the
> secondary audio track DD isn't allowed, so apparently DTS express is
> used :(

On my one and only br the second track is eac3 -

[lavf] stream 0: video (h264), -vid 0
[lavf] stream 1: audio (truehd), -aid 0
[lavf] stream 2: audio (ac3), -aid 1
[lavf] stream 3: audio (ac3), -aid 2
[lavf] stream 4: subtitle (pgssub), -sid 0
[lavf] stream 5: subtitle (pgssub), -sid 1
[lavf] stream 6: subtitle (pgssub), -sid 2
[lavf] stream 7: audio (eac3), -aid 3
[lavf] stream 8: video (h264), -vid 1