[MPlayer-users] Problem with avc1 mp4

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue May 15 23:21:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 09:53:51PM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> >>Playback of bluray or broadcast HD 264 is still broken for me - non
> >>smooth, missing/repeated frames. The sample plays fine now.
> >
> >Do you have a sample file where this is obvious?
> >Are you using multithreaded decoding?
> >If yes, does it also happen with -lavdopts threads=1 ?
>
> It's the same with threads=1, also tried -nosound and -vo xv
> (normally use r600 vdpau). Sample is 50meg (and blank for first 2-3
> secs).
>
> http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/judder.m2ts

Very useful sample, seems to be fixed.
Unfortunately it also decreased the usefulness of the dr.
However I don't really understand why/when the decoder keeps multiple
non-reference frames, usually the B-frames should come out of
the decoder directly without delay.
And I can't imagine that P or I frames would be non-reference...
Very strange, I'll probably have to investigate when I have more time.