[MPlayer-users] concatenating flv video streams

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sat May 26 14:22:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

(Blender is a GPL Render Software. I am using Linux.)

There are several flv fiels of Blender tutorials like "Blender
Materials Part1" "Blender Materials Part2" .... on my harddisc, which
I want to combine in one file.

Due to the nature of the video it is important to preserve as much
quality of the videos as possible, otherwise one cannot longer
recognize for example the settings made on the Blender GUI.

Avidemux cannot handle flv/h264 very well, so I tried to convert
the videos first to mpg using

    ffmpeg -i <file.flv> <file.mpg>

which give me a mpg-file avidemux is able to handle but the quality
wasn't useable than.

Reading the flv directly with avidemux give me a good video quality
but no sound, which isn't that helpful too.

As it seems the video is coded with H264, the audio is coded with aac

How can I combine the parts of the video in such a way, that I can cut
out the intro sequence of every part but the first (that is I need to
load the videos into a video editor (avidemux currently)) and preserve
the audio track and preserve as much as possible of the video
quality???

Best regards,
mcc