[MPlayer-users] Any plans for VA-API?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed May 30 08:50:12 CEST 2012

Hi!

Intel does a good job in enhancing their graphics media accelerators, I
think. There are settings where the intel HD graphics core with
open-source drivers beats nvidias G520 chip with proprietary drivers.

So I think it is a pity that vdpau is a standard feature of MPlayer, but
not va-api. There is a patched version which shows that it works, but it
seems to be only irregularly maintained.

Is there any hope that va-api can be integrated to mainline?

Greets,
Kiste