[MPlayer-users] DVD subtitles only appear for a split second

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed May 30 09:48:02 CEST 2012

Am 30.05.2012 08:55, schrieb Josh:

> I found what the difference was. The subtitles appear briefly when using
> dvd menus (dvdnav://) but not dvd://. I was using dvdnav to test in
> command-line, had not re-enabled them in SMPlayer. It occurs in my
> newest build and at least "Subjunk" SB32. My r34835 build doesn't have
> this issue with dvdnav://.

I didn't answer to your first post about my experiences with dvdnav,
since it seems this happens with all subtitles. In my experience,
subtitles that appear immediately before a chapter break disappear at
the chapter break. That happens only with dvdnav (where I also sometimes
notice an audible glitch when one chapter finishes and another one
starts. dvd:// plays fine though, and it's not that mplayer would have
to do some seeking finding the next chapter (on disk).

--
cheers,
Alex