[MPlayer-users] mplayer crashing Xserver

Daniel quite at hack.org
Sat Nov 3 13:38:14 CET 2012

Recently, mplayer have begun crashing the Xserver, leaving nothing behind
but a cursor in the console...

Probably related to a recent upgrade of kernel/Xserver/something on my
up-to-date Arch Linux system... I have tried building from svn, and get
the same. Also tried a --enable-debug-3 and running in gdb (screened) but I get
nothing, mplayer itself doesn't really crash then, but just exits? I get
nothing from the Xserver in any logs. How can I go further with this?
The crash happens fairly often (1 in 10, 20, or something) on startup,
I suppose just when mplayer is about to start displaying the video.