[MPlayer-users] How can I draw subtitles at very bottom of screen (without border)?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 19:30:10 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 01:01:05PM +0400, None None wrote:
> Thank You for explain. Yes, I'm already using -subpos100  -subalign 2 and it's no effect by this options. And I'm using -subfont-blur 8 -subfont-outline 8 (and I love mplayer for this, because subtitles with this options look really great, white text with black-to-transparent outline looks beautiful, perfectly contrast and readable on any video background: red, black or white, saving my eyes). Disabling this options moved subtitles to 12 pixels down, but it's still 10-pixels border between bottom of image and bottom of subtitles. Here is another sample screenshots, hope it will make all clear:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/100376233/have.png - what I'm have w/o -vf expand,crop
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/100376233/want.png - whai I'm wanted to see
> Thank You.

Please avoid top-posting and remove quoted email parts that are not
relevant.
As said in the other reply, the reason for this space is because this
space might be needed. E.g. for the shadow or letters that reach
particularly far down - you can see in your want.png that actually parts
of the letters are missing.
However I added support for -subpos values > 100 which allow clipping
off parts of the letters.
-subpos 101 or -subpos 102 worked for the samples I had at hand to make
an effect similar to what you seem to want.