[MPlayer-users] System pauses when replaying

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Tue Nov 20 21:03:02 CET 2012

Configuration. Host is a Puget Systems Echo I, built on the Intel
DH77DF MB. It uses an Intel i7 3.1 GHz with 2 x Patriot Signature
DDR3-1333 8GB. There is a 100MHz connection to a Silicon Dust dual
tuner.

What's going on. While the tuner is decoding and downloading OTA TV and
mplayer is replaying an MP4. the replay pauses for a second or so,
repetitively. As far as I can tell, there's no loss of playback.

Environment is Fedora 17. There's nothing else going on, other than the
gaggle of processes that come with the OS.

I'd be interested to hear speculation as to what might be going on.

Thanks.