[MPlayer-users] Mplayer-vaapi fails to compile.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 1 09:57:58 CEST 2012

dE . <de.techno <at> gmail.com> writes:

> --disable-ffmpeg_a

To elaborate a little:
As far as I am concerned, on mplayer-users, this
option is not supported: MPlayer has always required
current FFmpeg in the past, since man-power is limited
I see not reason why this should change now (especially
since in your particular case, this would mean to
completely abstain from FFmpeg's latest features).
And imo it makes no sense to use latest MPlayer
(I would assume because of latest features and fixes),
but an old version FFmpeg (that does not contain the
latest features and fixes).
Doesn't MPlayer 1.1 support FFmpeg 0.11?

Or in other words:
You are on your own if you want to use --disable-ffmpeg_a

Sorry, Carl Eugen