[MPlayer-users] Error occurring on q or >, not sure if mplayer or not

stan RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com
Mon Oct 1 18:57:36 CEST 2012

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 08:17:53 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> stan <RegBur_Flydan8 <at> q.com> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:14:04 +0000 (UTC)
> > Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:
> >
> > > Does it also crash with -vo gl_tiled ?
> >
> > No video, sound only.
>
> Could you post the output of
> $ grep GL config.mak
> (I am unable to understand how you can configure
> for gl but not gl_tiled.)
>
> [...]

Reimar solved the conundrum;  I mis-typed the option.

$ mplayer -vo gl_tiled Walter_Futter_Africa_Speaks_1930.avi
MPlayer SVN-r35205-4.7.0 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing Walter_Futter_Africa_Speaks_1930.avi.
libavformat version 54.28.101 (internal)
AVI file format detected.
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
[aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [XVID]  640x480  12bpp  23.976 fps  1513.6 kbps (184.8 kbyte/s)
Load subtitles in ./
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 54.58.100 (internal)
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Unsupported PixelFormat 53
Unsupported PixelFormat 81
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
Opening audio decoder: [mpg123] MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II, III
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 32.0 kbit/2.08% (ratio: 4000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mpg123] afm: mpg123 (MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II, III)
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
[swscaler @ 0x1072b40]using unscaled yuv420p -> bgr24 special converter
VO: [gl_tiled] 640x480 => 640x480 BGR 24-bit
[gl_tiled] You have OpenGL >= 1.2 capable drivers, GOOD (16bpp and BGR is ok!)
[gl_tiled] antialiasing off
[gl_tiled] bilinear linear
A:   3.0 V:   2.2 A-V:  0.769 ct:  0.023  54/ 54 15% 106%  1.2% 50 0

           **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
- Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
  - Try -ao sdl or use the OSS emulation of ALSA.
  - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
- Slow video output
  - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
- Slow CPU
  - Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU! Try some of the lavdopts,
    e.g. -vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=all.
- Broken file
  - Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx -mc 0.
- Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
  - Try -cache 8192.
- Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI file?
  - Try -nocache.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/video.html for tuning/speedup tips.
If none of this helps you, read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html.