[MPlayer-users] hardware video decoding and yuv dump with mplayer

pcuser p pcuser.mails at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:08:34 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> pcuser p <pcuser.mails <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > ./mplayer  -v driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0 -vo yuv4mpeg
> > /root/apps/testseq/video.m4v
>
> Are you trying to re-encode /dev/video0 ?
> That should be possible with ffmpeg.
> ffmpeg -f v4l2 -i /dev/video0 out.m4v

I'm not trying to re-encode.my v4l2 video decoder device node in linux is
/dev/video0.
I 'm trying to use the device (/dev/video0) to decode.I'm not trying with
ffmpeg decoding.
I want mplayer to use my /dev/video0 device node instead of ffmpeg.
how to do it is my question..

> Or do you want to play a file (video.m4v)?
> That should work fine with
> ./mplayer /root/apps/testseq/video.m4v

In this case,decoding happens by ffmpeg,but I want to use /dev/video0 for
decoding.

> Or do you want to playback from a video4linux device?
> Then try mplayer tv:// (with some -tv options)
>
> I dont understand what it means "playback from a video4linux device".

Basically I need, mplayer to decode compressed video stream (mp4) using
hardware device node /dev/video0 and dump out decoded yuv.
I dont have a display device in my board,so I try to dump yuv.