[MPlayer-users] How to get the duration(ID_LENGTH) of a Sony MTS video file use "mplayer"?

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:53:11 CEST 2012

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:53:55 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> littlebat <dashing.meng <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > http://www.learndiary.com/test.MTS
>
> Works fine with -demuxer mpegts

Yes, it seems mplayer can play test.MTS correctly, but, as this topic
title said, I can't get correct ID_LENGTH through mplayer.

"mplayer test.MTS -demuxer mpegts -identify -ao null -vo null -frames
0" output "ID_LENGTH=0.00",
"mplayer test.MTS -demuxer lavf -identify -ao null -vo null -frames 0"
output "ID_LENGTH=6.72", so, I think there is something wrong when
mplayer handle this kind of video file.

Isn't it?