[MPlayer-users] Error occurring on q or >, not sure if mplayer or not

stan RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com
Thu Sep 27 20:08:18 CEST 2012

I'm getting an error while playing any video with mplayer when I either
quit using the q command, or try to go to the next video in a list
using >.

The error message from mplayer is:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: uninit_vo
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

This started happening within the last month, not sure of exact time
since I don't use mplayer every day (or even every week sometimes).

Running F17 x64, using the nouveau driver.  I tried updating to
the latest version of mplayer from svn, but it has the same error.
MPlayer SVN-r35205-4.7.0 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

This line is also from the output when it fails.
[gl] using extended formats. Use -vo gl:nomanyfmts if playback fails.
Following this advice doesn't resolve the problem.

What is interesting is that if I use mplayer in a console, with
-vo fbdev2 everything works the way it is supposed to, though I lose
the ability to go to full screen.

Is this likely to be an mplayer error?  I think that using q is
fundamental so it seems unlikely.

Thanks.