[MPlayer-users] Seing blocks when joining short movies

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Apr 8 11:20:46 CEST 2013

Am 08.04.2013 01:27, schrieb houghi:
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 04:36:44PM +0200, houghi wrote:
>> What other parameters should I use so that I do not have such disorted
>> images, or are there better ways to get one second from each minute?
>
> I have found a workable workaround. I use ffmpeg to extract 25 images,
> starting at the time I want. I then rename all these files and rename
> them. Finally I put them together again as a movie.
>
> No loss in quality, but also no sound. Although I do not need sound for
> now, I would still be interested in a solution using mencoder.
>
> houghi

I have had similar issues with joining AVI files, using mpegs instead
(mpeg2 at highest possible quality) and simply cat-ing them together
(and then reencoding them to the desired container format) did the trick
for me. No artifacts at the seams.

To my experience, this happens when there is either too much or too
little audio in the source files, and mencoder has to do something to
fill the gap... at least it seems to me like it.

--
cheers,
Alex