[MPlayer-users] VDPAU decoding in MPlayer broken by recent FFmpeg changes

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sat Aug 10 15:42:38 CEST 2013

Am 10.08.2013 07:58, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:50:31AM +0200, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> Am 10.08.2013 00:20, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:
>>
>>> The H.264 decoder wasn't enabled.
>>> svn up should fix it.
>>> I have tested it to work for H.264 now, so I don't need your
>>> testing that much anymore (though MPEG-4 would be interesting, my
>>> hardware doesn't support that). I made a few other general fixes,
>>> if you want to try it anyway you need to apply the latest FFmpeg
>>> version patch (in new thread with same name) and attached diff.
>>
>> Thank you, I'd rather postpone further testing till tomorrow as
>> I'm not sure that I've got the right FFmpeg patch
>> (<http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-August/147062.html>?)
>> and the compilation of the latest svn and git plus the new
>> vdpau.diff and the FFmpeg patch above fails ATM with
>>

>> libavcodec/vdpau.c:46:32: error: unknown type name 'vdpau_hwaccel'
>>  MAKE_ACCESSORS(AVVDPAUContext, vdpau_hwaccel, AVVDPAU_Render2, render2)
>>                                 ^
>> libavcodec/vdpau.c:46:64: error: unknown type name 'render2'
>>  MAKE_ACCESSORS(AVVDPAUContext, vdpau_hwaccel, AVVDPAU_Render2, render2)
>>                                                                 ^
>> make[1]: *** [libavcodec/vdpau.o] Error 1
>
> That means you picked the right patch :-)
> Should work after you update FFmpeg.

Yes, thank you, the compilation succeeds and -vc ffmpeg12vdpau,
ffh264vdpau and ffodivxvdpau work fine again (MPlayer at r36417 and
FFmpeg at b37ff488b8aab2fe1245f1ba3130b1d881559794 with the
aforementioned patches). With ffodivxvdpau though, I get quite
frequently (but not every frame) a line like

[mpeg4 @ 0x7f1f55f31d00]marker does not match f_code

from libavcodec/mpeg4videodec.c:376 printed in the console when playing
most of my few DivX and Xvid encoded videos, which doesn't happen with
MPlayer from 2013-08-06 12:00 and -vo ffodivxvdpau and also doesn't
happen with the current patched MPlayer/FFmpeg and the software decoder.
I can suppress this only with -msglevel decvideo=0.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Ilja