[MPlayer-users] different output between mplayer & ffplay/ffmpeg

Abu Abdullah falcon.sheep at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 08:24:20 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 02:45:04PM +0400, Abu Abdullah wrote:
> > I would appreciate if someone can highlight how we can achieve the same
> > behavior as ffmpeg. is there any patch/hint that can be applied. i tried
> > look into the code but couldn't understand anything.
>
> Please avoid top-posting.

sorry for that

> Use the patch from the thread "demux_lavf: add an option to use the new
> seek API"
> But note that it isn't finished, so it will break some thing (for
> example trying to seeking forward actually seeking backwards in some
> cases).
> FFplay just ignores this problem, but for MPlayer that is just
> unacceptable, which is why we do not behave the same.
> I think it is quite solvable, but needs time and some thinking.

great, thanks. it works with me on one file before the seek point (it seems
the nearest frame) and another one after the seek point. I hope i will not
face the limitation that you have said until it is sorted out.

would it be better to start all the time before the seek point (or at it
exactly if possible) unless it exceeds certain limit e.g. 1 second where
you will start apply the logic of nearest frame. my point is that you do
not want to miss some of the speech.