[MPlayer-users] first frame green with directx vo using slave mode

Morris mo at avpresentations.com
Wed Dec 4 00:54:49 CET 2013

On 11/15/2013 1:59 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 15.11.2013, at 00:17, mo <mo at avpresentations.com> wrote:
>>> Since DirectX is kind of dead, it might be worth checking if you can
>>> I expect that this is related somehow to idle or fixed-vo since it
>>> doesn't happen with the first video, but don't really know.  Any
>>> ideas?
>>> Probably the DirectX surface somehow gets filled with 0s.
>>> That results in green output.
>>> How exactly that happens would need proper debugging.

I've done some more testing and I believe the green frame issue may be
related to the native window creation rather than any particular idle or
fixed-vo stuff.  I found that the issue could be duplicated by anything
that creates a new window, changing the aspect ratio for example, in
addition to loading a new file (all the testing was done in slave mode -
don't know if this affects anything though).  Is it possible that a bug
was fixed at some point in the past in the window setup code for the
initial window creation that didn't carry over to other instances of
window creation?

thanks,

morris