[MPlayer-users] VDPAU errors, flickering black video display on aspect change in MPEG2 TS

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 17:48:40 CET 2013

Am 08.12.2013 16:55, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 04:40:21PM +0100, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> Do you want me to upload the sample mentioned in
>>
>> <http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2013-December/086881.html>?
>
> I think that would be nice (only a few frames before/after the
> aspect change should be necessary I'd think).

"sample-failed-vdpau-rendering-on-aspect-change.ts" (3000000 bytes)
along with a text file
"sample-failed-vdpau-rendering-on-aspect-change.txt" uploaded to incoming.

> Someone testing an actual resolution change
> (http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG2/resolutionchange.mpg I believe)
> before and after the change would be welcome as well.

There is a

Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 1280x720 => 1280x720 Planar YV12
Dropping frame with size not matching configured size (1920x1080 vs
1280x720 vs 1280x720)

message on resolution change with the fix, the size of the video window
doesn't adjust to the new size. The stock MPlayer 1.1 from Fedora
behaves the same minus the "Dropping frame" message. Will check MPlayer
r36536 without the patch later.

--
Regards

Ilja