[MPlayer-users] Play audio on TV, not computer speakers

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 16:14:45 CET 2013

>Command line(s) and complete, uncut console output missing.

I tried dozens of combinations of what I thought were solutions:
   mplayer -ac hwac3,hwdts -ao alsa:device=hdmi -channels 2 OUT.avi
   mplayer -afm hwac3,hwdts -ao alsa:device=hdmi -channels 2 OUT.avi
   mplayer -ac hwac3,hwdts -ao alsa:device=hw=0.3 -channels 2 OUT.avi
   mplayer -afn hwac3,hwdts -ao alsa:device=hdmi -channels 2 OUT.avi
   mplayer -ac hwac3,hwdts -ao alsa:device=plughw:0.3 -channels 2 OUT.avi
I don't have the console output with me at the moment.  Some generate error messages
and some did not.

I was hoping this was a frequently asked question and that someone already
described the solution somewhere.