[MPlayer-users] No Disk error

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jan 6 10:54:56 CET 2013

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 01:24:06AM -0500, Josh wrote:
> Some people are getting this error: "mplayer.exe - No Disk" "There is no
> disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
> \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.", but I am unable to reproduce it. Not on my
> build machine, my laptop, several virtual machines: Windows XP, Vista,
> etc, etc and so on and so forth.
>
> I have no idea what is going on but they are related to removable
> drives, any input would be appreciated..
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-for-windows/issues/detail?id=1

These error messages are disabled by MPlayer via SetErrorMode.
I moved that a bit earlier.
However the only place I can see where this could come from is when
parsing the config files.
If the current working directory/current drive is the CD drive,
MPlayer might be looking for its config files there.
You should ask for a -v or even -v -v log to see what it tries to read.