[MPlayer-users] option to save cache in temporary directory instead of memory

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sat Jan 26 23:31:56 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 09:03:40PM +0000, Sezaru wrote:
> As for the chopping issue, it depends in your situation, let me say
> I'm watching a video which my bandwidth can download without a
> problem, so no chopping issue, but then someone (or even me) starts
> downloading another file, torrent or something like that, than my
> video download rate will slow down and mplayer would catch up to it
> and simply close it, which would be really frustrating.

1) Please do not toppost
2) Snip what you don't need quoted

That is all the reason I just watch things either later or directly on
youtube, where I can go forward and back.

Also you will not always need to watch the highest quality.

So the problem is that mplayer closes when the bits run out of a file.
Somehow you do not want it to close . But obviously only when more bits
will be coming in some unforseen future.

This is possible, but not with mplayer. Just use the websites player and
play it there.

houghi
--
Unix was not designed to stop its users from doing stupid things,
as that would also stop them from doing clever things.