[MPlayer-users] Inverse Telecine: Removing the extra frame from output file

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 01:45:53 CEST 2013

I have a raw YUV video file that I would like to inverse telecine with mencoder.  I tried the following command:

    mencoder -ovc raw -oac pcm -vf pullup -o out.avi in.avi

It seems to have deinterlaced the telecined frames, but this leaves a duplicate frame in the output file, about once per 5 frames.  How can I tell control mencoder to inverse telecine the video, then remove the duplicate frames?  This will convert a 29.97 fps video to a 23.xx fps video, so hopefully mencoder will set the new fps in the output file and when I play it with mplayer, it will play at right speed.

Thanks.