[MPlayer-users] Are mencoder lossless codecs really lossless?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 11 20:52:07 CEST 2013

> Sorry.  I had thought long lines were preferable

They are.

> most mail clients will reformat the mail text

They will.

> the size of the client window... is different for everyone

It is.

> and this gets ugly when the email message already has newlines in them.

It does.

This is a mailing list that's associated with a piece of open-source software, so you may assume that the rules for using it are effectively unknowable. You will be criticised for breaking these rules based on how well-liked you are among the group of people who write the software, not against any objective criteria.

Finding things wrong with the way someone formats an email is a common hobby among open-source people, because it allows them to fill time they'd otherwise have to spend assisting users or fixing bugs.